resolution is the least fun of my five style resolutions, but it’s the
most important to achieve. This year, I resolve to stick to my style
budget. While budgeting is not fun for me, reducing how much I spend on
clothes each month frees up my income for more important things – like
buying a house, getting married, and taking trips. Which actually sound
like pretty fun things!!
am very much a shopaholic, but I’m working on reducing my monthly
clothing expenditures. I did really well with my November budget as I
December, I got off track – between Christmas gifts of cash and gift
cards, lots of sales, purchases and returns (I returned a few pieces
from my November budget), rewards and other coupons, I’m honestly not
sure how much I spent. I very well may have stayed within budget – I’m
just not sure!!
But, I need to be sure. It’s important that I stay on top of what I’m spending to avoid my tendency towards overspending.
not doing a round-up of my December purchases this month, since I’m not
sure of my budget, but last month I did get the red dress, leopard
print cami, clutch, and boyfriend jeans from my December wish list, as
well as the Dior-inspired earrings from my November wish list, among other things.
For January, I resolve to stay on top of my expenditures better. On my wish list for this month?
1. Shoes – always on the lookout for pairs that fit my small, wide feet, shoes are sort of a permanent wish list inclusion.
2. Preppy Sweater
– I’m not usually one to like preppy or sporty styles, but I love this
sweater. It reminds me of tennis looks from the 1920s, which I really
3. Lace cami – I am all about black lace all the time. Add a black and white palette, and I’m sold!!
4. Pink faux leather
– I’m currently having a love affair with reds and pinks. With
Valentine’s Day around the corner, these colors seem especially
fitting. Soft pinks in faux leather feel a little girly, a little
edgy. And, I am loving the idea of mixing soft pink with red! I might
achieve that resolution to wear more color, after all!! 🙂
5. Nautical-inspired resort pieces – It might be freezing cold right now, but my mind is on the spring. I love sailor pants and nautical stripes.
Do you budget for fashion? What’s on your shopping radar for the next month or so?